Pathology billing category determined by our
- Please clearly indicate on our request form your
preferred pathology billing option.
if there is no
indication from you, we will default to private
We will bulk bill the following
categories of patients
- Healthcare Card Holders
- Department of Veterans Affairs Patients
- Children under 16 yrs
- Those patients you deem necessary
A comprehensive list of medicare rebate criteria is available on our
website. For current pricing on these tests please contact
Accounts on 9371 4460
Inpatient pathology billing
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Private Accounts Categories
Three categories exist, depending upon whether the patient is a
member of a health fund and whether their private health fund is
affiliated with Clinipath Pathology and has a no gaps
- Inpatient private accounts - affiliated private health
Clinipath Pathology has a 'no-gap' arrangement with a
number of affiliated private health funds. The list of participated
funds can be viewed via this link - Health fund agreements.
To enable us to directly invoice on behalf of your patients
we require both the private health
fund and Medicare numbers.
- Inpatient private accounts - non
These patients will receive a private account, part of
which will be claimable from Medicare (75% of MBS) and part from
their Health Fund (25%)
Medicare and the patients Health Fund payment may not cover the
Our maximum gap for these accounts is $100 per episode.
- Inpatient Uninsured Patients
These patients will receive a private account with a
maximum gap payable of $100 per episode.
Clinipath Pathology has no hidden
- No Account Processing Fee
- No Additional charges for 'special tests' e.g. Triple and First
- No location surcharges
- No additional charges for urgent call outs, after hours tests,
- No additional charges for pathologist and senior scientist
after hours urgent phone calls
Accounts information available for
Information correct at February 2017.